August 3, 2010

Pumpkin Face Potholder


I ♥ this basic potholder pattern. It has the thumb on the back side.
I've used it over & over. It's Simplicity 8693.

For this potholder, I cut strips of orange fabric and did a flip & stitch method to create large enough 'pieces' of fabric to cut out the 3 pieces of the pattern.

The Pumpkin Face is machine embroidered to the front. It's one of my free designs at my Yahoo group.

I followed the pattern instructions, except I did not add the binding to the short ends of the front & back when instructed. I sewed the front to the back and added binding all around. I made a simple doubled ruffle from green fabric and sewed it around the top. I added the brown 'stem' hanging loop then sewed the binding around the top opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment