June 9, 2009

Reen Runs

I've ran for almost the last 12 years, but for the last few years I've been in a running rut.
About 6 weeks ago, I decided to try the Half Marathon training. I'm following Hal Higdon's program.
I'm on week 9 now. It's been going well. This Sunday I have to run 9 miles. That will be a test for me. I'm going to add an 11 & 12 mile run in also before the 13.1run.

I just got the Nike+ Sensor. It's really kewl. It will track your runs, distance, calories burned, etc. You can upload this info on nikeplus.com and set up teams, challenges, etc. The site is a little confusing, but I think they're going to be changing it up soon. All you need is the sensor set & an iPod.






I got new shoes, but didn't get the high priced Nike+ "Smart Shoe". Basically, those shoes have a hole under the removeable insole to place the sensor in.

Of course, I had to make an "In the Hoop" machine embroidery design for my sensor :)
My pouch is held securely to any running shoe and the sensor fits snugly inside.
You can find the deisgn on my website.
Nike+ Sensor Shoe Pouch






















See my side bar to track my runs.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good luck! I'm don't enjoy running myself cuz I'm not used to it.. But you gotta remember it's good for your heart as well, plus you loose weight!


    XxX

    :) My blog: http://the-rr-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete